Drilling rigs are applied on openfields where contamination of varies kinds may cause problems in application.
To reduce the contamination coming out, it makes sense to reduce the contamination going in. Drillers can do a few simple things to reduce problems:
· Pressure or steam wash pipes and fittings.
· Keep your casing off the ground on saw horses before it goes in.
· Clean equipment on site, to avoid transferring contaminants from one job to the next.
· Store pipe carefully so that it stays clean. Cover it or store it inside if possible.
· Clean your hoses and stick tape on the ends for storage, so they stay clean.